We have funding to enable us to facilitate this service for FREE!
This is a 5-day interactive & challenging programme for 18-24 year olds to tackle personal barriers to employment.
Start Date & Time
This 5-day programme will run on the last week of every month.
Designed specifically for 18-24year olds, currently unemployed, not in education or training. You must reside in Blackpool and the surrounding area.
This is a 5-day programme designed to work on commitment mindset to increase readiness and prepare participants for the employment journey ahead.
Participants will complete 4 days of consecutive training, followed by a one-day review session after 4 weeks.
Communication & Connection
- Interpersonal skills, listening skills
- Motivation and effort.
Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Comfort & stretch zones
- Seeking support
Challenging the Negative
- Notice and name your thoughts
- Challenging self-talk
- Reframing negative to positive
- Managing your reactions through Event/Mind/Reaction
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Self-awareness and self-reflection
- Giving & receiving feedback
Dealing with Change
- Identify what you can control
- Mindfulness and focus
- Aligning actions with values
Goal Setting & Commitment
- Planning and goal setting
- Building commitment to goals
- Seeking support on goals and checking in
Benefits for participants - do any of these appeal to you?
- Learning through fun and challenging activities
- Find out my own strengths and areas I want to improve
- Learn how to challenge my negative thoughts
- Learn about what motivates me
- Get better at communicating
- Improve the way I respond to setbacks
- Set some goals and make a plan of action
- Find out where I can ask for help
- Have fun working on tasks in a group
- A chance to take part in a fun and exciting team challenge with other people my age
- Come away feeling better about myself
- Improve my chances of getting a job that is right for me
To book onto this course: