Returning to work after a long career break is never easy. Whether you've taken time off to go travelling or are returning to work after long-term illness, redundancy, or caring for someone for several years – it's hard to feel confident about picking up where you left off.
If you need some help to rediscover your working self, we can offer you practical advice and support to refocus and return to the working world with courage and determination. Here are some examples of things we can do together:
- Help you with decisions and planning to explore the best route back to work
- Help you review your skills and abilities, including the soft skills and experience you will have picked up throughout your career break
- Improve your CV and interview skills
- Refer you to other organisations and useful events
- Help to get you back into the work habit
- Build your confidence
- Enable you to make the best use of the resources available to you
- Explore funding for courses
- Help you update professional qualifications
- Introduce you to potential employers
To find out more about this free service, call 0345 658 8647 to talk to your nearest adviser or and we will get in touch.
→ Read our latest blog post Give yourself a skills MOT test.