Join us on Wednesday 20 October between 1.30 – 6.30pm at our virtual careers fair tailored for year 11 students to meet employers, training providers, colleges, sixth forms and representatives from Higher Education.
Get an idea of the full range of opportunities available to you in Cumbria.
The Our Future Virtual Careers Fair, Cumbria is the perfect place for you to get the help and guidance you need to make informed choices about your future career and the next steps.
- You will get to meet all the different exhibitors in one place and talk to them via live chat or video chat.
- You will have the chance to meet the exhibitors, discuss the opportunities available and attend live talks.
- Find out more about where the jobs are going to be in the future.
- There will be a Vacancy Board which will give you up to date details of all the latest apprenticeship opportunities available when you leave school or college.
- Your school may decide to take part in the event as part of a career session. If not you may attend from home in the evening. Why not invite your parent/carers?
MAKE THE MOST OUT OF ATTENDING
Attending a careers fair is the ideal opportunity for you to start making connections and first impressions.
Without the pressure of a formal interview, it can be easier for you to give a confident account of yourself
to potential employers, colleges or training providers.
- Make sure you register in advance.
- Think about your future career – who do you need to visit – make a list? For example, if you want to be an
engineer, you may want to check out the training providers where you live and some of the employers who have
opportunities in that sector.
- If you are thinking of progressing to A-levels – do you want to continue at your current school or join another
sixth form or college?
- What information do you need and what questions do you want to ask? – it might be a good idea to prepare
these in advance with help from your teachers or parents/carers.
- On the day, join the event as soon as you can and talk to as many exhibitors as possible.
- Be prepared to tell the exhibitors about yourself – your career aspirations, what you like to do, why you would be a good employee or student. Perhaps have your CV and predicted grades to hand.
- For up to date information about which exhibitors will be attending, and the full itinerary for the day including workshops and talks visit www.cumbriacareersfair.co.uk
We’d love your feedback about Our Futures Careers Fair.
Complete the survey at www.cumbriacareersfair.co.uk and be in with the chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher.