The Our Future Virtual Careers Fair took place on Wednesday 20th October 2021, aimed at Year 11 students (although there were attendees from other year groups) to help them make informed choices about their future careers and their next steps. It gave them the exciting opportunity to meet employers, training providers, colleges, sixth forms and Cumbria HE provisions all in one place.
The event was hosted between the hours of 1.30-6.30pm specifically to ensure maximum student participation either whilst at school or at home with parents/carers; we were delighted that over 2000 students, parents and teacher with school groups could join us.
Attendees had the chance to meet over 85 exhibitors and the opportunity to network through live or video chat, discuss opportunities and attend live talks.
The Careers Fair had five main zones: Apprenticeship and Training Providers, HE & FE provision, Sixth Forms, Employers, and a Careers area where young people and their parents/carers could access impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
There was also a jobs board advertising the latest apprenticeship and training opportunities, and an activity resource area filled with downloadable information about employability, skills, and top tips.
The attendees also had the opportunity to attend three live talks:
- Our Future Career Opportunities in Cumbria (hosted by Jo Tate -Enterprise Adviser at Cumbria Careers Hub)
- Your options after year 11 (hosted by Inspira)
- How to stand out from the crowd (hosted by Inspira – with guest speakers; Emma Porter – MD at Story Contracting, Melanie Taylor – Director at MT Associates and Liam Edgley - County Youth Commissioner at Cumbria Scouts).
The Our Future Virtual Careers Fair, Cumbria is the perfect place for you to get the help and guidance you need to make informed choices about your future career and the next steps.
- You will get to meet all the different exhibitors in one place and talk to them via live chat or video chat.
- You will have the chance to meet the exhibitors, discuss the opportunities available and attend live talks.
- Find out more about where the jobs are going to be in the future.
- There will be a Vacancy Board which will give you up to date details of all the latest apprenticeship opportunities available when you leave school or college.
- Your school may decide to take part in the event as part of a career session. If not you may attend from home in the evening. Why not invite your parent/carers?
We’d love your feedback about Our Futures Careers Fair.
Complete the survey at www.cumbriacareersfair.co.uk and be in with the chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher.