Aidan's life started on a difficult path, spending two years in a Youth Offending Prison. However, with an unwavering determination to turn his life around, Aidan focused on staying positive and optimistic which was key to his rehabilitation.
Recognising his potential, Aidan's Probation Officer referred him to Inspira for support and guidance on his rehabilitation journey.
At the age of 19, Aidan was ready and eager to make significant changes in his life, and it was crucial to provide him with the necessary tools and opportunities. Throughout his journey, Aidan engaged wholeheartedly with the various programmes offered by Inspira. His hard work, dedication and commitment were exemplary, leading him to achieve a number of milestones.
1) Education and training were key to helping Aidan progress, he successfully:
· Completed a Level 1 Health & Safety in Construction course.
· Attained a Level 1 BTEC in Construction.
· Gained a Certification in Level 1 Supply Chain and Logistics.
· Achieved a Level 2 NVQ Forklift Counterbalance license.
2) It was important for Aidan to secure a work placement, he was successfully gained employment as a Warehouse Operative with Evri, showcasing his commitment to reintegration into society as a responsible member.
3) To increase Aidan's chances of employment and broaden his career opportunities, it was crucial for him to develop his employability skills. This was achieved through personal coaching and support, which included:
- Updating his CV, ensuring it reflected his newly acquired skills and experiences.
- Assistance in obtaining a disclosure letter, which helped Aidan address potential concerns related to his criminal record.
- Enhancing his interview techniques, equipping him with the confidence and skills needed to excel at job interviews.
Aidan’s commitment to turning his life around and his achievements in the program significantly reduce the likelihood of his returning to criminal activities.
Additionally, Aidan has also successfully written an e-book to reflect on his passion for fitness, health eating and wellbeing.
Suzanne Watson, Skills and Development Adviser, Inspira said: "Aidan's transformation is a testament to his remarkable determination and the support he received through the Ministry of Justice Contract, The Key, National Careers Service, and Launchpad. His commitment to turning his life around and his achievements in the program significantly reduce the likelihood of his returning to criminal activities."