How do I get help applying for jobs?
Applying for jobs, regardless of what stage you’re at in your career, can be quite overwhelming. However, you’re in the right place.
Inspira helps get local people across Cumbria, Lancashire and Blackpool into work, improve their skills and make decisions about education and training. We also help open up new opportunities for disadvantaged people.
Our careers advisers help you overcome any challenges or obstacles that may be in your way of getting a job or finding the right career path by ensuring you have the necessary skills and confidence to reach your potential. We want to help you be bold and resilient so that you can grasp your opportunities with a can-do attitude.
We also want people to be relevant, to have the right skills, knowledge and experience to succeed in the careers of today and in the future.
If this sounds like it could be useful to you then read on.
Who can access careers advice?
We can help you if you are:
- 18 -24 and not sure what to do after education or you are NEET
- Adults who are unemployed, facing redundancy, wanting a change in career or returning to work after a career break.
What advice do you give on finding a job?
The range of careers advice on offer through Inspira is really varied and you’ll find many useful tips and tools, videos and case studies on our website covering every aspect of applying for jobs.
If you feel like you need some help and support to get the job you want, you've come to the right place. We can help with:
- Advice on your job search strategies
- Identifying areas for personal development
- Career action planning
- Tips on how to write a ‘stand out’ CV
- How to write a cover letter
- How to find a job online or on social media
- How to successfully complete an application form
- Interview questions and how to answer them
- How to do well in interviews
- Links to job vacancies
- Employability programmes – We manage a number of government-backed programmes to help adults improve their skills and provide links to employers with vacancies.
Our success stories
You can also read about some of our success stories – the young people and adults whose lives have been changed through using our services. Hopefully you’ll feel motivated to get in touch to see how we can help you.
Nicola’s story – Help from Inspira secures Nicola’s future
Jay’s story – Jay gets back into work after careers interview
David’s story – Inspira helps David create a competency-based CV
Dean’s story – Dean finds a job after a careers interview
How do I get help?
It’s really easy to get help from our teams of careers advisers, who are based throughout Cumbria, Lancashire and Blackpool.
If you’re looking for some personal guidance on your current job situation, or simply prefer to speak to someone in person, or even just ask some questions via email, you can contact us in a number of ways.
You can call us on 0345 658 8647, message us via our Facebook page or fill in our online form.
Tell us what aspect of advice you would like to discuss, and we will match your need with one of our specialist career advisers and work with you through the best channel for you.