We have compiled a list of 'Top Tips' of things you should know, before deciding if an apprenticeship is right for you or before applying for an apprenticeship.
Top Tips for applying:
- The application process can sometimes feel daunting. - But Inspira can help support you with your CV or interview skills.
- Choose your vocabulary carefully, doing your research is essential. - Research the company, then show when and how you’ve demonstrated those attributes in your lifetime. This shows initiative and a willingness towards the job.
- When doing an application highlight the skills the company is asking for. - Use your time to tailor each application for the job you’re applying for and make sure to use relevant examples from anywhere in your life.
- Once you get to the interview stage it's your time to shine! - Show off your personality and the characteristics that make you a desirable candidate.
- Another benefit of researching the company ahead of time is you may be able to get an idea of some of the questions they might ask you. - This gives you the chance to get ahead and prepare some answers.
- First impressions count. – You’re being interviewed from the moment you walk in the building so make sure your body language is calm, give eye contact and be the best version of yourself.
- Be Resilient! - You might not get the first apprenticeship you apply/ Interview for, but that doesn’t mean you stop trying.
Think an apprenticeship might be the right fit for you? Get in touch below with an Inspira Adviser for a free 1:1, providing you with personalised career advice today.
Want to learn more about apprenticeships, check out our blogs:
Let us help you Be Bold, Be Resilient, and Be Relevant.
To book a free 1:1 appointment with one of our advisers - email, call us or use our form and we will arrange an online or phone appointment with you.
⮞ Call us on 0345 658 8647
⮞ Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
⮞ Our Form