Practical careers advice helping you fulfil your potential
We want you to find your purpose and reach your potential in your chosen career. Our careers advice service, covering Cumbria, North Lancashire and Blackpool, helps you achieve this through personal development programmes and practical job-seeking advice.
Whether you’re looking for your first job after school, currently unemployed, on furlough, facing the prospect of redundancy, or simply considering a change of career, our dedicated careers advice service can help.
We understand that finding a job and job security are a worry for many during these unprecedented times for people at every stage of their careers, but we are here to help and with our support you’ll become better equipped to deal with whatever the future holds.
We work with school leavers from year 11 and year 13 and adults in Cumbria and Lancashire.
Here’s how we can help you begin to make a change.
What help is available to find training or jobs?
To help you make a start, we have a great range of practical careers information, advice and guidance available on our website and social media channels - check out our You Tube, Facebook and Instagram pages.
You’ll see how we have helped people like you begin to make a difference to their job prospects. You’ll also find some really useful content giving practical advice on all the different aspects of job hunting from training, apprenticeships through to making a complete change of career.
Here are just some of the practical tips and stories available on our website, which will help you begin to make a change and help you understand how we might be able to help you;
- Support with interview skills and your CV – learn how to identify transferable skills, write a CV and how to prepare for an interview
Read about how Jessica worked with Inspira to help her find her next role.
- Redundancy support – learn how to access funding for learning or retraining
- Finding a job after being made redundant - access our redundancy service and get advice on finding your next role
- Careers advice after being furloughed – access to advice if you are reassessing your job
- How to improve your online presence – how using social media can help your job search
One to one support
If you’re looking for some personal, one-to-one guidance on your current job situation, we would love to speak to you. Our friendly, knowledgeable, National Careers Service advisers will be delighted to help.
They can help you with many different aspects of your job search:
- help with job applications
- finding an apprenticeship including adult apprenticeships
- preparation for an upcoming interview
- finding suitable courses
- inspiring your next career move, or simply giving you a fresh perspective on things.
Speaking to someone can often give you clarity on something or help you be more confident to make a decision.
How can I access the help?
It’s really easy to get help from our teams who are based throughout Cumbria and in Lancaster.
You can call us on 0345 658 8647, message us via our Facebook page or fill in our online form. Tell us what aspect of advice you would like to discuss, and we will match your need with one of our specialist career advisers.
Is the careers advice free?
Access to our careers advisers is completely free of charge if you live in Cumbria or Lancashire.